The Dead South – Twin Twangler Tour
- Doors: 7:00 pm
- Audience: Ages 21+
- Seating: Reserved & GA
Onsale: October 8 @ 10am
In 2012, four friends started a band.
It didn’t take long for those friends to become brothers.
There have been bumps along the way. Lineup changes, people coming and going (a massive and sincere thank you to everyone who has stepped in to help keep this thing going), but the core has always been the same.
We’ve been through so much together – we’ve travelled the world and experienced the highest of highs and the lowest of lows.
This past year has been a time of reflection and learning.
What we know for sure is that TDS just isn’t TDS without the four of us, so we want to continue this journey with Danny.
We look forward to playing shows again, and we look forward to doing this with our original lineup. We love our fans, and we can’t wait to see your beautiful faces out there!
A rock band without a drummer, a bluegrass band without a fiddler. To the gentlemen of the Dead South, a self-styled 4-piece string band from Regina, Saskatchewan, it’s about how, not what, you play. Their sound, built on a taut configuration of cello, mandolin, banjo and guitar, speeds like a train past polite definitions of acoustic music into the grittier, rowdier spaces of the bluegrass world.
In June 2020, The Dead South celebrated their second JUNO Award win for Traditional Roots Album of the Year (Sugar & Joy – Six Shooter Records), announced in a virtual awards show that also featured the bluegrass quartet performing at an empty venue in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, the intended host city. As displayed on the marquee at the start of the clip (JUNOS 2020 CANCELLED), last year’s event took a much different form.
COVID-19 REQUIREMENT DETAILS
At the Tour’s request, to enter the establishment, you are required to provide proof you are fully vaccinated*, OR proof of a negative COVID-19 test administered by or under the supervision of a healthcare provider within 72 hours of the date on which you are attending either show. Proof of vaccination and test results must bear a name that matches the government-issued identification for the patron is seeking entry.
- Proof of Vaccination
- The tour will accept a picture or scan on your cell phone, photocopy, or original document of your CDC-issued vaccination card.
- If you need a replacement vaccine card, you can contact your vaccine provider or local health department.
- *To be fully vaccinated, you must be:
- 14 days after your second shot of either Moderna or Pfizer
- 14 days after your first shot of Johnson & Johnson
- Negative COVID-19 Test
- The tour will accept a printed, or digital copy of a negative COVID-19 test result administered by or under the supervision of a healthcare professional within 72 hours of the date of the show you are attending.
- At-home tests will not be accepted under any circumstance.
The CDC recommends that masks be worn in public indoor spaces in areas with high transmission rates regardless of vaccination status. The CDC also recommends that unvaccinated people wear masks at all times. We highly encourage mask-wearing for all patrons and will have free masks available at points of entry.